About the team
The Evernote Product Design team is the creative force responsible for producing a precise and delightful user experience, from sign-up to crafting the thousandth note. We work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define and deliver product experiences that enhance people’s lives at work and at play.
As a Product Designer on our core clients team, your main focus will be crafting a user-friendly and intuitive experience for millions of people who rely on our native macOS app to stay organized and productive. Together, we work to continuously improve and refine the usability and aesthetics of the Evernote experience for our users around the globe.
What you'll do
- You're the voice that always puts the user first. You constantly look for ways that we can accomplish our objectives through experiences that are enjoyable and meaningful for real people.
- You'll craft and deliver high-level user stories, UX flows, wireframes, prototypes, design mockups, specs, and production assets.
- You'll "own" the designs you create from end-to-end—soliciting data and usability testing, building business cases, and looking after the experience past spec delivery and through to implementation.
- You'll deliver visually delightful designs that are aligned with modern web guidelines and the Evernote style guide.
- You're able to effectively negotiate your design solutions with Product and Engineering, and validate through user research. We embrace the triad and are active partners with our product teams.
- You provide actionable feedback gracefully and without ego, and don't hesitate to seek guidance yourself.
- You're adaptable. You will be working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements.
What we'll do
- We'll work together as a team to continuously define and improve the Evernote design language, increasing consistency and user joy in even the smallest patterns.
- We'll develop new skills, adopt new tools and continuously hone our craft to stay on the cutting edge of product design.
- We'll support each other, every day, to make Design at Evernote a truly notable place to work.
What you've done
- You've designed and shipped engaging user experiences for modern software products. Big plus if you have experience with macOS apps and a working understanding of the macOS human interface guidelines.
- You've developed a refined sense of visual design and typography. You know when to push the boundaries of the aforementioned interface guidelines.
- You know how to make rational design decisions. You can explain not just why a design looks good, but why it is likely to measurably boost engagement and user happiness.
- Experience with interaction design and systematic thinking. You recognize that product design isn’t only about the pixels; it’s about solving complex problems in unrivaled and creative ways.
- A natural tendency to take initiative and own projects. The details matter, and you're committed to getting it done right.
- You're a phenomenal communicator, and can effectively convey your opinions to peers respectfully, candidly and with clear expertise.
- 3+years of professional product design experience, ideally with desktop application experience
- B.A./B.S. in design, HCI, or equivalent experience.
Please provide a link to your portfolio, which highlights examples of your mobile design work.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.