Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Financial Analyst, FP&A
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Financial analysts ensure that TuneIn makes sound business decisions. As an analyst, you are called upon to solve complex problems and build analyses that serve as the basis for recommendations that business leaders will use to make critical strategic decisions including evaluating future content deals. Managing ambiguity and an array of unique and diverse set of issues is essential to success. You should also be comfortable taking on a project and driving it to completion.
In this role, you are responsible for providing visibility into TuneIn’s financial performance, managing projects and delivering insight. You will work with talented cross functional teams and have a large impact on TuneIn’s future. You will gain valuable experience in the position, which offers significant responsibility and interaction with senior management as well as considerable opportunity to add innovative ideas to a growing Finance organization. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded, top performer who can be a key contributor in a high energy growth environment. Your resume should indicate that you are a top academic performer with a wide variety of extracurricular interests and a desire to excel in everything you do. Your work history should demonstrate job stability with increasing levels of responsibility.
What You'll Do
· Provides accurate and data based information on company profitability, solvency, stability and liquidity
· Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
· Use research to analyze financial information and help the company make well informed decisions
· Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
· Prepare regular quarterly and monthly financial reports as well as ad-hoc reporting and analysis Implement and work with a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to model and execute business analytical projects and support company initiatives and/or financial decisions
· Communicate with the financial accounting team regularly to ensure consistency between financial accounting and financial planning
· Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
· 2+ years financial analysis experience from a leading investment bank, consultancy, Fortune 500 or other high growth company.
· Experience evaluating content licensing agreements is a plus
· Exposure and knowledge of various financial functions and processes with hands-on project management experience
· Superior Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills and experience writing SQL scripts is a positive High attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
· Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
TuneIn is the most popular way to listen to streaming audio from around the world. With more than 60 million monthly active users, TuneIn lets people listen to the world’s sports, music, news and talk from wherever they are. TuneIn has over 100,000 radio stations and more than 5.7 million on-demand programs stemming from every continent, and is available for free across many connected devices. TuneIn’s mission is to deliver the world’s best listening experiences, enabling people to discover and follow the audio that’s most important to them.
We achieved several milestones this past year, including TuneIn Premium – enabling subscribers to listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, MSNBC/CNBC, over 60,000 audiobooks, and 600 commercial free music stations.
We are located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district, across from AT&T Park, and we’re well funded by the most prestigious names in venture capital, including Sequoia Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Google Ventures, and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.