Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Music Manager, Alternative + Rock
Venice, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Ready for your next challenge? Looking to make the leap to industry? Come join us at TuneIn, where we strive the provide the world’s best listening experiences. We are the leading service for music, top-tier sports content (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL), podcasts and news from around the world! With over 60 million monthly users, our mobile apps rank in the top of the App Store's Music category across 80 countries and territories. Our service is available across 200 different connected platforms, including all smartphones and tablets, smart TVs, CE devices and connected cars. TuneIn is a dynamic and thriving pre-IPO company in a growing market with proven potential.
All of these accomplishments were made possible by our talented, passionate and innovative team dedicated to serving our users the best audio experience out there.
We are seeking a Music Manager specializing in the genre format of Alternative and Rock to support the TuneIn music team located in Los Angeles. As an integral member of the Music team, the Music Manager, Alternative and Rock will program multiple radio channels and create original content with artists within the genres. This role was created out of music growth in an effort to expand deeper into music genres and subgenres for a more plentiful listener experience.
What You’ll Do
· Program and schedule music logs for Alternative and Rock music channels.
· Become an artist and industry contact within the respective genres.
· Create original content within the respective genres.
How you succeed here (insider tips almost)
· Work well in an evolving music landscape, think out of the box!
· Learn the audio real estate of TuneIn and how to best use the platform for music.
· Work closely with other music managers to create original ideas and applications for such.
Who you Are (requirements)
· Terrestrial radio experience as Music Director, Program Director or similar manager level duties.
· Efficient understand of music streaming, music consumption, and music business.
· True passion and affinity for Alternative and Rock.
· Maintain healthy and positive relationships with artists, managers, and record labels.
· Attends music showcases, concerts, listening events to have great knowledge of new music opportunities.
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news/talk and podcasts — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and commercial-free music stations.
TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Los Angeles, CA and New York, NY.We’re venture funded by Sequoia Capital, Comcast Ventures, IVP, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.https://jobs.lever.co/tunein/5d9e79f3-b222-46c1-bcb8-535af6d2639d