Provides an incredibly simple payments API with associated merchant account setup.
As an Information Technology Support Specialist at Stripe, you’ll work with and support Stripes at every level of the company. You will play a critical role in growing the Stripe IT team. You will be the point of contact for IT related issues, will independently help other stripes with their technology needs, and ensure IT issues never hinder the productivity and creativity of fellow Stripes.
You will be:
- Supporting Stripe systems (Apple, Dropbox, Gmail, Slack, Bluejeans, Crestron, Lifesize etc.)
- Helping to maintain a physical inventory of IT hardware (computers, peripherals, and accessories)
- Supporting live and streaming video events, record and archive events as needed
- Supporting and maintaining AV systems across Stripe globally
- Proactively identifying and addressing technical issues across the company
- Assisting with IT onboarding and training curriculum
- Designing, updating, and maintaining IT documentation
- Providing evening (10am-7pm) IT support for fellow Stripes
You may be fit for this role if you have:
- 2-5 years of experience providing IT Support
- Experience supporting AV equipment and events
- Possess expert knowledge of Apple systems and software (Apple Certified)
- Possess working scripting knowledge (ex: Ruby, Google Apps Script, Shell, Python)
- Possess working knowledge of imaging/endpoint management tools (DeployStudio, Munki, Puppet)
- Able to independently manage and prioritize workload
- Be empathetic, humble, and possess a strong focus on customer service
- Possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture, and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.