Job Description / Skills Required
Ready for your next challenge? Looking to make the leap to industry? Come join us at TuneIn, where we strive the provide the world’s best listening experiences. We are the leading service for music, top-tier sports content (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL), podcasts and news from around the world! With over 60 million monthly users, our mobile apps rank in the top of the App Store's Music category across 80 countries and territories. Our service is available across 200 different connected platforms, including all smartphones and tablets, smart TVs, CE devices and connected cars. TuneIn is a dynamic and thriving pre-IPO company in a growing market with proven potential.
All of these accomplishments were made possible by our talented, passionate and innovative team dedicated to serving our users the best audio experience out there.
The Manager, Sports Marketing will support various aspects of marketing strategy and league relationships for TuneIn. Responsibilities include brand building, supporting annual marketing plans, partner marketing efforts and leading the delivery of business results with cross-functional teams. The Manager is responsible for contributing to and leading marketing efforts that deliver world-class creative across digital, mobile, CRM, radio, print, experiential, and social activations. The ideal candidate is a highly-organized individual with a proven ability to manage projects and recommend solutions business partners.
This role is responsible for being the day-to-day point of contact for a number of league and partner relationships within the sports content vertical. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
▪ National Football League (NFL)
▪ National Basketball Association (NBA)
▪ Major League Baseball (MLB)
▪ National Hockey League (NHL)
▪ Sports Media Partnerships (ESPN, FOX, CBS, etc)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Contribute to the development of the brand and business strategy to drive elements of the TuneIn business plan.
· Work with other disciplines in the marketing organization, including performance marketing, CRM and product marketing to ensure our user acquisition and retention efforts are fully optimized within the Sports vertical.
· Drive launch schedules, fan acquisition strategies, and content integration ideas for marketing programs.
· Support the development of the brand positioning and identity for TuneIn that defines its core promise to listeners.
· Develop marketing strategies and tactics to drive both the free/ad supported product and TuneIn Premium subscriptions.
· Conduct comprehensive business and consumer analysis programs -- translate insights into strategic solutions.
· Collaborate with a number of cross-functional teams, including Sales, Business Development, Design and Content Teams on shared initiatives.
· Lead day-to-day creative development process with agencies, internal designers and/or other related marketing resources.
· Grow partner relationships and collaborate with league counterparts.
· Fulfill media planning and buying obligations in accordance with league commitments related to marketing plans.
· Apply ingenuity, creativity, analytical and organizational skills to identify and evaluate marketing strategies and tactics.
· Oversee budget and cost management for properties that he/she leads.
· 5-7+ years of Marketing experience with a passion for project and people management.
· College graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree. (Sara)
· Extensive marketing and project management experience for major brands and a natural passion for sports.
· Fluency with data, experience working with data team and an ability to leverage insights to improve marketing strategy and campaign performance.
· Proven ability to find strategic solutions, develop creative assets, and deliver world-class marketing executions.
· Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects at the same time and react to changes in strategic direction.
· Passion for audio – regular consumer of audio content across sports, music, news, talk, podcasts and audiobooks.
o Knowledge of streaming audio apps, competitor business strategy and understanding of best available media.
▪ Dedication to career growth with a strong work ethic and desire to thrive in team environments.
▪ Excellent creative instincts – understanding of advertising development and media strategy.
▪ Strong management of creative development and production processes, including media planning and placement.
▪ Strategic thinker who demonstrates comprehension of marketing campaign success metrics and data analysis.
▪ Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
o Articulate ideas, plans, priorities and feedback with internal groups and senior leadership.
▪ Experience in developing strategic business partnerships with sports leagues and a wide range of media partners.
TuneIn is the most popular way to listen to streaming audio from around the world. With more than 60 million monthly active users, TuneIn lets people listen to the world’s sports, music, news and talk from wherever they are. TuneIn has over 100,000 radio stations and more than 5.7 million on-demand programs stemming from every continent, and is available for free across many connected devices. TuneIn’s mission is to deliver the world’s best listening experiences, enabling people to discover and follow the audio that’s most important to them.
We achieved several milestones this past year, including TuneIn Premium – enabling subscribers to listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, MSNBC/CNBC, over 60,000 audiobooks, and 600 commercial free music stations.
We are located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district, across from AT&T Park, and we’re well funded by the most prestigious names in venture capital, including Sequoia Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Google Ventures, and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.