A social game developer creating a series of free-to-play mobile games.
Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As an Associate Product Manager on the Core games team at Pocket Gems, you’ll manage the product life-cycle for core games from initial concept through development to release. You'll own and manage a live game played by millions of people around the world!
What You'll Do:
- Own the analysis, product roadmap, and merchandising of virtual goods
- Be responsible for driving financial results
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple teams, resources and timelines: engineering, art, UI, user acquisition, and marketing to create engaging and profitable content
- Write clear and concise specs, and both wireframe and design new features
- Analyze key success metrics, and rigorously test and optimize for them
- Work in an entrepreneurial, learning environment with a world class team of engineers and product managers
What You Bring to the Product Management Team:
- At least 2 years of experience in:
- Strategy/Management consulting or finance (banking, PE, or VC)
- Online/Mobile Product experience with a technology company
- Experience in quantitative analysis and ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data
- Strong design mentality and a familiarity and interest in mid-core / core games
- Most importantly, you should love the idea of creating highly engaging mobile content that will be seen (and played) by millions!
- Bachelor's degree required
Extra Gems for:
- Previous startup, social networking, engineering/software development experience
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.)
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.