Job Description / Skills Required
TuneIn, delivering the world’s best listening experiences, is conducting a global search for a talented Design Program Manager. The ideal candidate will have worked with in-house design and creative studios to ship many 1.0 products and experiences, managed the traffic and talent that comes in and out of such a studio, and worked hand-in-hand with design leadership to run a world-class design organization. TuneIn is embarking on many new initiatives and this opportunity is a ground-floor opportunity. Your contribution will be a lasting one, with design that defines the future of TuneIn.
In our brand-new headquarters directly across from AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants in SOMA, you will create within a 25,000 sq ft. state-of-the-art modern and inspiring studio. You will work alongside the brightest in the Design, Product Management, Business Intelligence, Marketing, Engineering and Recording Arts & Sciences fields as you help grow our design team to disrupt and redefine listening experiences – from Live Sports, Music, News, Podcasts, and more. This is the dawning of the age of the Audio Experience, and you will define it.
You’ll work alongside talented designers with proper design educations from RIT, SCAD, Cal Poly SLO, and more. You’ll collaborate with former designers from Apple, Uber, Google, Adobe, Odopod, Frog Design, Electronic Arts, and more. Finally, TuneIn has studios in, and embraces the “Trifecta” – SF/LA/NY – and you’ll have opportunities to travel between the three as business requires.
A TuneIn Design Group Program Manager (PGM) works by the side of the VP of Design, the Design Director(s), and the Creative Director(s) to implement corporate strategy as it relates to Design.
Specifically, this involves looking across the entire TuneIn organization, its activities and initiatives, and facilitating the clock-work execution of the design group’s engagement. This requires a long-view perspective, proactive behavior, and an irrepressibly optimistic attitude in the face of constant challenges with tight deadlines, staffing, and financial resources.
The Design PGM’s facilitation of the myriad engagements enables the design leaders to focus less on schedule, budget, and staff and more on directing world-class design. The Design PGM is a key role in any company with design at its center.
· 8+ years professional experience
· BS or BA in a four year degree program
· Competitive portfolio and/or case studies of very successful engagements
· Served as a Design PGM at a software, hardware, services company, or related agency
Scope of Work
· Manages Producers
· Manages incredibly complex initiatives with many contingencies across TuneIn organizations
· Manages master schedule for the entire
· Design organization
· Manages team budget and coordinates with the VP of Design and TuneIn Finance
Experience, Ability, and Management Expertise
All of the experience and ability of a Design Producer, plus…
· Ability to coordinate and synchronize incredibly complex, long-term engagements
· Experience helping design leadership staff and growing a design team
· Ability to throttle resources and adjust schedule as it relates to overall corporate priorities
· You work without direction from your manager as you proactively solve problems and set designers up for success before their engagement begins.
· You help set organization vision and actively align efforts to achieve the vision.
· You are a talented and effective negotiator.
· You advance TuneIn Design process and agenda.
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news and podcasts — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.