Provides an incredibly simple payments API with associated merchant account setup.
Stripe is building a world class finance team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an International Accountant to join our fast growing team and help us build our technical accounting and financial reporting processes, work with business partners, financial partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Assist with the international financial close process for our Asia Pacific entities. This will include journal entries, reconciliations, inter-company accounting, cost center allocations, flux analyses and other balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Be the main point of contact on statutory audits of our Asia Pacific legal entities. You will liaise with external auditors and oversee their interactions with our finance outsourcing partners.
- You will oversee our Asia Pacific finance outsourcing partners. These partners perform payroll, accounts payable and book keeping tasks on our behalf.
- Assist with the review of direct and indirect tax returns which are performed by our outsourcing partners.
- Create documentation to help us scale globally.
- Research technical accounting guidance and issues and perform analysis as needed.
- Manage our financial reporting obligations to regulators in the region.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have 6+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance. Be a qualified accountant who has trained in practice, preferably in audit (Big 4 preferred) and also has private industry experience.
- Know accounting systems (Oracle or similar is a bonus).
- Fluency in Mandarin is desirable
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- The ability to be detail oriented, but can visualize the larger impact of a series of transactions.
- A good understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Love Excel, and be comfortable with large data sets and pivot tables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to be flexible and very comfortable with changing requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- Familiarity with accounting and payroll issues across the Asia Pacific region
- General ledger accounting experience in a fast growing tech environment
- IFRS knowledge
- Experience of working with finance outsourcers
You should include these in your application:
- A resume or LinkedIn profile