Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
As a core member of our Android team, you'll directly impact the lifeline of the business by improving our award winning Android app. You'll own major features, working closely with our design team to make Robinhood the very best it can be.
What sets us apart:
- Truly mobile-first environment, with an award-winning Android app
- Work directly with our CEO and VP of Product Engineering
- Shape the future of our Android team
- Work with our award-winning design team
- You're intimately familiar with the lifecycle intricacies of Android components
- You have strong design intuition and user empathy
- You stay on top of Android news including new open source libraries and best practices
- You love writing custom Views, ViewGroups, and new UX interactions
- You actively write unit tests for new code
- You write highly performant code and know how to performance tune Android apps
- You're self-driven to improve the app and codebase above and beyond what's outlined in the spec
- You have a Bachelor's degree in CS
- You actively use Robinhood and are interested in finance
- You have experience building, maintaining, or otherwise contributing to open source projects
- You are familiar with Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger 2, and other libraries in our tech stack
- Dagger 2
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.