Job Description / Skills Required
TuneIn’s mission is to deliver the world’s best listening experiences, and we are the most popular way to listen to streaming audio from around the world. With more than 60 million monthly active users, over 100,000 radio stations and more than 5.7 million on-demand programs stemming from every continent, TuneIn lets people discover and listen to the world’s sports, music, news and talk from wherever they are. We achieved several milestones this past year, including TuneIn Premium – enabling subscribers to listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, MSNBC/CNBC, and 600 commercial free music stations. In March 2018 we were the first premium service to be launched on Alexa.
Meet TuneIn Engineering
We value being a top-notch engineering organization, and have the same high standards with our code and people. We make time for quality, we are agile and pragmatic, we keep it simple, we are data driven, and we love getting better.
Check out our principles here
We regularly invest time in our developers and support their growth, and we show this in a number of ways—clear job responsibilities and expectations for career paths, freedom to move teams, and our quarterly Discovery Days, during which developers are free to spend time on innovative features, products, or approaches to problems ("hackathon" like); address nagging issues or problems that take time away from adding value to TuneIn; or simply learn a new technology.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities)
· Works closely with team members to clarify requirements and expectations
· Responsible for ensuring quality of the website
· Logs bugs and effectively triages them
· Coordinates with our offshore resources as needed
· Collaborate with other automation engineers to expand our Selenium test suite
· Tests new and updated product features ontunein.com
· Identifies, records, documents, tracks bugs and performs thorough regression testing
· Creates detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases
· Works with teams such as Customer Support to reproduce bugs and issues reported by customers
· Works with developers to provide additional research and debugging of issues when more information is needed to resolve problems
· Provides daily status updates to all assigned sprint tasks in daily stand-up meetings
· Owns the overall quality of the product and communicate quality through metrics
· Supports other types of quality targets such as performance, load and stress testing
· Ability to improve QA efficiency using new tools and processes
Who you Are (Qualifications)
· 1-3 years software quality assurance experience
· Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
· Knowledge of web automation frameworks like Selenium
· Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
· Experience using third party Web Debugging Proxy tools like Charles or Fiddler
· Experience working with bug tracking tools such as JIRA
· Strong attention to detail, regarding web design and usability
· Track record of good time management, prioritizing projects and estimating work
· Ability to be a team player and drive collaborative efforts to improve product quality
· Ability to work in high-pressured environment and work independently and in a team environment
· Understanding of Agile Development Methodology (Scrum)
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news/talk and podcasts — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and commercial-free music stations.
TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We also have a vibrant, growing satellite offices in Los Angeles (Venice) and New York, NY. We’re venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.