Job Description / Skills Required
Ready for your next challenge? Looking to make the leap to the tech industry? Come join us at TuneIn, where we strive the provide the world’s best listening experiences. We are the leading service for music, top-tier sports content (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL), podcasts and news from around the world! With over 60 million monthly users, our mobile apps rank in the top of the App Store's Music category across 80 countries and territories. Our service is available across 200 different connected platforms, including all smartphones and tablets, smart TVs, CE devices and connected cars. TuneIn is a dynamic and thriving pre-IPO company in a growing market with proven potential.
Here at TuneIn we pride ourselves on data-driven decision making, and the Analytics team is at the heart of this initiative. We test and learn, harness the power of our data, and share insights to help shape TuneIn’s product and business strategy. This role uniquely applies quantitative analysis to qualitative projects across business development, content, marketing, and sales.
You’re a self-motivated critical thinker whose intellectual curiosity is met with a healthy dose of skepticism. You value the integrity of your work, pay attention to the details of your data visualizations, and seamlessly transition from code to conversation. You are a team player, quick learner, and as excited about TuneIn as we are.
· Work cross functionally with content, marketing, sales, and engineering to deliver actionable insights in a time-bound delivery focused team environment
· Triage requests, build dashboards, and lead broad automation projects to facilitate data process and communication
· Identify opportunities to scale learnings and make strategic recommendations through ROI analyses of content ventures, sales initiatives, and marketing campaigns
· Think critically about A/B test design and contribute to the statistical theory of the experiment framework to better evaluate results
· BA/BS or graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related field
· 4+ years quantitative industry experience, ideally in the media streaming or mobile product space
· Superior SQL skills
· Experience with data visualization tools (Mode, Looker, Tableau) and at least one statistical package (R, Pandas/NumPy/SciPy/matplotlib, Stata, Matlab)
· A deep understanding of analytic bias, A/B testing, and experimental design
· Strong background in advanced statistics including regression, non parametrics, and predictive modeling
· Familiarity with econometrics and financial modeling a plus
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news and podcasts — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district, across from AT&T Park, and we’re well funded by the most prestigious names in venture capital, including Sequoia Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Google Ventures, and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.