Thumbtack finds local professionals for almost anything.
Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Thumbtack Brand Marketing Team
We’re a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of designers, copywriters, photographers, and more who are tasked with owning and executing on the visual expression of our brand. We are positioned as Thumbtacks internal creative and brand marketing agency and we collaborate with a wide range of internal partners from customer and pro marketing, to editorial, brand, product, events, and more. We work on a wide variety of outputs, from email and web design, to print, radio, reports, and even televisions ads. No matter what the medium, our goal is to create high quality, compelling creative that elevates our brand.
About the Role
As a Senior Brand Designer you’ll be concepting, designing and executing marketing creative across web, email, print, environmental design and beyond. You’ll collaborate with our world-class Brand Marketing team, as well as independently -- personally affecting the entire experience, across nearly every touchpoint. We’re looking for an ambitious, resourceful and talented individual who can deliver on-brand, effective creative, contribute towards defining our design culture and processes, and effectively collaborate with a large and diverse team of partners across the Thumbtack organization.
You love to make. You love the details. You’re a problem solver to the core. You’re passionate about the way design can tell a story and create clarity. You partner closely and effectively with other designers and non-designers alike. You have experience working in a variety of different mediums—from digital to print— and different scales—from a mobile screen to large scale graphics to posters and more. You’re always excited about learning a new skill, a new tool, a new trick, or some way to level-up your work or the work of your colleagues.
- Under the direction of the Brand Design manager and alongside our world-class design team, evolve the way we express the Thumbtack brand across a wide range of touchpoints
- Work autonomously and as part of a tightly knit Brand Marketing team
- Produce and hand-off pixel-perfect assets for emails, digital campaigns, web and product experiences and more
- Be a key contributor to the culture of our world-class Brand Design team
- Present your work to a wide variety of stakeholders, from the CEO to managers, to colleagues -- and improve your work based on feedback.
- Design, design, design some more!
- 3+ years of experience in visual design
- Great attention to detail in typography, composition and craftsmanship
- Experience with interactive, product or digital work
- Experience in in-house branding or design consulting
- Passion for turning complex and messy challenges into elegant and intuitive experiences
- Eagerness to tackle a wide variety of design challenges across mediums
- Human-centric approach to design (you get that design is for real-world use, not just portfolio-building)
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign
- Knowledge of prototyping tools like Framer, Adobe XD, Proto.io, etc
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects or Cinema 4D
- Experience with working in an agile environment is a plus
- Experience with Human Centered Design or research is a plus
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With nearly 1,000 different categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.